6 Spring Cleaning Hacks for a Fresh Home this Season
Step outside and take a breath of fresh, clean air — spring has arrived in Greater Pittsburgh! If you’ve bought a new Weaver home recently, what better way to celebrate the season of new beginnings than by freshening it up? From your window sills to your pillows, small changes can make a big difference in the overall feel of your living space.
This season, take a few moments to refresh your beautiful home to welcome the best time of year.
Spring Cleaning Hacks for 2022
- Welcome Home: You’ve wiped your shoes clean of dirt and mud for an entire year on your outdoor welcome mat. Give it a major spruce-up by hosing it down and letting it air-dry, taking care to hose off or scrub the area underneath it. Another effective way of stopping dirt in its tracks (no pun intended) is to use a mat on the inside of your door as well. If you already have one, vacuum both sides of it to really get the dirt out for a new season of visitors.
- Dust It Off: Even the most simple of tasks can make a big impact. Dusting off the often-forgotten surfaces of your home — like window sills, blinds, fan blades, and the top of the fridge — can give your entire home a clean aura and feel. With a cloth, store-bought duster, or dusting gloves (our favorite!) get around hard-to-reach places like coffee maker nooks, picture frames, and vases.
- Scrub it Out: Believe it not, your trash can needs some cleaning love, too! Although this might not sound like the most fun chore, it’s amazing how much fresher your kitchen can look and smell once the trash can is scrubbed clean. Take your empty can outside, give it a squirt of liquid dish soap and water, scrub it with a long-handled brush, and voila! The smells are long gone and it’ll look good as new.
- Bedding Beauty: The place you go to for ultimate relaxation, your bed is one of the most special parts of your home. Refresh this space by switching out thicker, winter sheets and pillow cases for spring ones. Not to mention, a new look — like a light-colored duvet or spring-themed pillows — creates an entirely fresh vibe. Take care to wash duvet covers, give your mattress a quick spray of disinfectant, and rotate your mattress so that the springs remain even and comfortable all year long.
- Flower Power: The most prominent sign of spring, fresh flowers make this season so lovable. Whether in your primary bedroom, guest bathroom, living room, or kitchen, sweet-smelling flowers like lilacs, tulips, and daffodils make your home feel fresh, light, and beautiful. If fresh flowers make your nose itch, replace them with scented candles, potpourri in dishes, or scented oil diffusers to enjoy the fresh scents of spring.
- Gut Your Garage: It’s easy to let the things in your garage pile up, but it’s difficult to clean it all up… With the start of spring officially here, make it a point to tackle the garage! After sorting items into piles (keep, donate, sell, recycle), do a little dusting, sweeping, and hosing down, and it’ll be as good as new in no time.
There’s nothing as sweet as springtime scents and a little bit of sunshine! This season, make sure your Weaver home feels just as fresh as the day you bought it. We can’t wait to see how you spruce up your home. From all of us at Weaver Homes, have a happy and refreshing spring!